bumps2 teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is a site to chat about anything from pregnancy to living with teenagers

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new sleeping...

Go down 
+2
Admin sarah
yummy_mummy_lizzy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 22:41

the other day i moved zach's cotbed into our room, and at the same time i organised the cot to stop several problems...

1) i put pillows down the side between matress and bars so that he couldn't "drop" his dummy down by the wall anymore (the side onto the room is still uncovered) and then i put his old bumper across them and tied it up so as they don't fall on him while he sleeps. and they are fabric flat pillows so he can't bury his face in them etc. all purfectly safe.
2) i put a few teddy's in his bed to keep him company and so he has something to cuddle to sleep instead of his bottle which leaks. and now he has his bottle standing in the corner and a teddy under his arm.
3) a "noisy toy" of 6 buttons each does a different nursery ryhme and is calming and he can press them himself.

and i get to sit on my bed while he happily falls asleep now which means my hips feel a little better. also hoping to go to pysio so fingers crossed everything gets better?!
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 23:04

and just to let you know, it usedto take him over an hour and a half to fall asleep and tonight it took him (drum roll please!) .... 40 minutes!! WOO!! so happy! soon i'll be putting him to bed and he'll be asleep 10 minutes later! i'm so happy!
Back to top Go down
Admin sarah
Admin
Admin sarah

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-03-21

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 23:47

oh hun thats great news WELL DONE xxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
https://bumpstoteens.forumakers.com
mummytoalisha

mummytoalisha

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-03-23

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 00:23

awww bless him and well done hun hw did u do czo my lil one still going to sleep on me i really wht her to go to sleep in her cotbed buy herself and see come into my bed hw can i stop that
Back to top Go down
lesley

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-04-01

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 13:23

oh well done hun...xxx
Back to top Go down
maz
maz

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-03-30

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 21:14

Great news hun!!! xxxxx
Back to top Go down
~xHannahx~

~xHannahx~

Number of posts : 121

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 21:26

aw well done hunni Smile
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2008, 23:59

message to karla...
tonight has taught me something, i dont know what happened but zach would not go in his bed and only wanted to play in mine, norm i put him to bed at 8 and he falls asleep at 8:30ish, tonight i put him in bed at 8 and he falls asleep at nearly 10 in my bed! this is what it came down to,

when in my bed he was happy and thus i wasn't totally miserable, i wasn't impressed but it wasn't a huge problem, i'll just put him in his bed in a bit

when in his bed he was screaming and unhappy and it was making me unhappy, it could have gone on for hours but it didn't, i put him in my bed where he was happy

so it comes down to this, if your child is so unhappy in her bed why not just put her in yours to fall asleep and then transfere her? which is better, a slightly difficult but happy child or a totally miserable child but it's ok if your getting what you want?
Back to top Go down
lesley

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-04-01

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 00:22

sorry to be mean here, but who is the boss in your house??? kids need rules to be happy and healthy, you give them what they want all the time then you will not have a happy child....they will soon start to feel insecure.... because they don't have boundries...xxx sorry just my point of view
Back to top Go down
~xHannahx~

~xHannahx~

Number of posts : 121

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 12:02

i completely agree with lesley hun ...sorry xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new sleeping... Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeping...   new sleeping... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new sleeping...
Page 1 of 1