bumps2 teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is a site to chat about anything from pregnancy to living with teenagers

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

worried about about number 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

worried about about number 2 Empty
PostSubject: worried about about number 2   worried about about number 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 23:15

with my first labour it was 10 days late and after a sweep at 6 days, then 2 pesseries, then having my waters broken, i finally went into labour and had a quick 4 hour labour.
unfortunatly i was very badly informed about labour, the pain, pain relief, positions and MY RIGHTS, i ended up with a great midwife for the long part but when it came to pushing i had the wicked witch from the west! she moved the screen from the door and kept walking in and out pulling the door wide open so everyone in the halls could see up my ... and she didn't read my medical notes to know i have a hip problem and therefore my labour could have gone quicker as i was in pain for a long time and struggling before she read them under my husbands instruction and then put my legs in stirups, she hadn't asked what position i wanted to push in and then went against my requests in my birth plan and allowed a student to deliver zach, all i could hear was about the cord being wrapped around his neck and no one was talking to me as they were talking among themselves! i've never felt so out of control with my own body, let alone the catastrophy of stitches which i didn't NEED to have but she gave me the local and then didn't wait even a second for it to set in before starting to sow me up. i didn't make a noise through my whole labour besides straining but when she stitched me i SCREAMED and begged her to stop and she refused. then when igot to the ward they refused to help me learn to breast feed and told me to bottle feed and that the baby would learn it in the morning, when i had 4 midwives poking my breasts and shoving his head so as i got so distressed i screamed at them to get out my cubicle!
needless to say that whole experience left me feeling...well raped to be honest. i've never felt so disrespected and badly treated in my life. needless to say that whole experience has left me PETRIFIED of giving birth again, and the problem is?! .... I'm now 24 weeks pregnant! lol. i can't give birth at home as its a rented property and if we ruin anything at all we can't afford to replace it. so can anyone help with any advice about....

pain relief
positions
breastfeeding (all aspects)
and getting the treatment i deserve in hospital (after all i pay taxes etc just like everyone else!)

ANYTHING you can offer would be greatly apprichiated, thankyou
Back to top Go down
lesley

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: worried about about number 2   worried about about number 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2008, 13:28

oh hun i am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad time last time round.....

I really do hope it goes better this time for you....

sorry i can't give you any help but i don't know the uk system well enough to help (not lived in the uk for 11years) sorry...

hope someone will have some good tips for you, if not have a surf on the net and you will find things out..xxx
Back to top Go down
Dorota

Dorota

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: worried about about number 2   worried about about number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2008, 11:22

I had a nightmare labour with my first child (Lack of communication and nobody considered my SPD etc) and I was concerned about the labour with my second so I spoke to my midwife about it as I was very concerned and she made an appointment for me to see the consultant midwife to go through the previous labour and she will go through my notes (from my first childs labour) and discuss it with me and Make a birth plan that went in my notes I carried around with me, a copy went in my hospital file and a copy went to my GP. And it stated on there that I needed a midwife that understood about SPD during the labour and if I felt the midwife didn't understand the problem then I could ask for another one. And that they need to tell me everything that was going on. And believe my labour the second time was ten times better the midwives were fantastic. So I would speak to your midwife and see if she can arrange the same for you as it really helped me as I was petrified, I'm not sure if it will help with the your problems after the labour (breastfeeding etc) As I didn't have that problem. But I do know how you feel about the labour. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: worried about about number 2   worried about about number 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2008, 22:35

i did get to go over my notes but as they were made by the midwife who was treating me like a piece of poo she just wrote a bunch of lies down, eg "cord was wrapped around babies neck, was discussed with mother it could be removed" and that was bull because she didn't do that, i was lying there thinking my baby was dead because they were talking about him being a little blue etc and talking about the cord around his neck i thought i'd strangled him pushing him out and they NEVER said a word to me, to be honest going through my notes with her just made the whole thing feel worse because i felt that if i made a complaint or anything then my notes would be the "proof" of how i was treated.
i spoke to my midwife about it on monday and she basicly did what she did last time and told me she'd sort it nearer the end of my pregnancy which isn't good enough as far as im concerned so i'm going to book an appointment with my gp asap and ask that i see another midwife and have home visits.
Back to top Go down
Dorota

Dorota

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: worried about about number 2   worried about about number 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10 2008, 00:09

sorry to hear that. I would definately speak to your gp. But when you are in labour and feel the same way again don't be afraid to ask questions. And if the midwife treats you bad then you have the right to ask for a different one. You will have more confidence to ask this time round as you deep in your mind you will have the previous labour. my oldest is 15 months older than my youngest so the previous labour was very clear in my mind. Sorry I can't give you much more advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: worried about about number 2   worried about about number 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

worried about about number 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2 teens :: labour and birth-
Jump to: