bumps2 teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is a site to chat about anything from pregnancy to living with teenagers

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

multiple eating disorders before 2 years?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

multiple eating disorders before 2 years?! Empty
PostSubject: multiple eating disorders before 2 years?!   multiple eating disorders before 2 years?! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2008, 22:24

ok, zach keeps refusing to eat all his meals, he was great a few days ago but now he's gone back to not finishing, i'm not putting too much out and he wasn't going through a growth spurt last week or anything, im a bit annoyed though. also he's always had a dummy on the theory that you can take a dummy away and that they are specialy designed not to damage teeth where fingers do (damaged my entire skull to suck my middle finger as a child!) anyway, he's needing his dummy less and less which delights us but he tries to suck his fingers instead, except he doesn't, he sticks them down his throat until he's heaving! its stupid! how can i make him stop?!
Back to top Go down
lesley

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: multiple eating disorders before 2 years?!   multiple eating disorders before 2 years?! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14 2008, 00:15

go to the doctor or talk to the HV and see if they can help you ...xxx
Back to top Go down
maz
maz

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: multiple eating disorders before 2 years?!   multiple eating disorders before 2 years?! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15 2008, 20:45

Hey hun through experience of eating and toddlers with Callum and with friends i dont think many are good with eating or finishing meals!!!! Callum isnt good with meal times and doesnt even eat breakfast he was a lot worse and spoke to hv she said forget set meals and just let him eat when he is hungrey and make it healthy but fatty snacks ect lumps of cheese, cheese straws, cocktail sausages u get the idea lol i did this with callum and it helped me to build up his appertite now he eats better at lucnch and tea time and if he dont want it i just say ok and wait for him to say his hungrey. Also i worked out that putting a variety but not quantity worked well too hope this helps xxxx
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: multiple eating disorders before 2 years?!   multiple eating disorders before 2 years?! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16 2008, 22:47

thats a great idea, more colour too me thinks. carrot sticks and avacardo and sweetcorn and chicken strips so he has a veriety of foods and all healthy and all bright and interesting. he's bound to like something if i put 4 things on his plate and the less i put the less likely he'll find some thing he likes. that is a wicked idea, thankyou. the only strict meal we really have is dinner because i think its import to sit together as a family and eat a meal at the end of the day but now he's gone from refusing dinner and eating some lunch type stuff instead to refusing all solids at dinner and demanding a bottle of milk and i KNOW it sounds like a cop out and im making a rod for my own back and all that but when my dinner is going cold and im stressed out its easier to just give him the milk! lol. maybe with some better colour etc he'll get more interested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: multiple eating disorders before 2 years?!   multiple eating disorders before 2 years?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

multiple eating disorders before 2 years?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2 teens :: living with your toddler-
Jump to: