bumps2 teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is a site to chat about anything from pregnancy to living with teenagers

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

teenagers/ hormones/ growing up

Go down 
+4
~di~
Admin sarah
Admin Tracy
mum07
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mum07

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-03-23

teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Empty
PostSubject: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 02:36

what can i say about teenagers? i have two girls ages 13, and 14 they are a nightmare, tantrums! moods! hormones need i go on lol, cant remenber being like that myself but my mum tells me i was oops sorry mum!
need advise on boys at the moment, anyone having this to tackle too? could do with some advis?
hope to chat soon
angie xxx Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Admin Tracy
Admin
Admin Tracy

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 15:19

Hey hun
i got a 20 year old son, so been through the teenage years wiv im
Got a 13 year old daughter and she TOTALLLLLLLY differenet and MUCH WORSE
hOPE TO CHAT SOON .....
Back to top Go down
https://bumpstoteens.forumakers.com/index.htm
Admin sarah
Admin
Admin sarah

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 16:48

YEAH SAME HERE I HAVE 18YR OLD SON HAD NOOOO PROBS WHAT SO EVER BUT MY 15YR OLD DAUGHTER WOW THATS A DIFFERENT STORY SO HORMONAL ITS UNBELIEVABLE......AND TO THINK I GOTTA GO THRU IT ALL AGAIN WHEN MY OTHER 2 GIRLS HIT THEIR TEENS ''HELP'' lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://bumpstoteens.forumakers.com
~di~

~di~

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 13:26

my 14 year old girl is no problem its the 12 year old boy who has an attitude the size of the world lol x
Back to top Go down
maz
maz

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 15:59

Girls are defo worse than boys!!!! My sister is 16 and she would hands down win the most awful teenager in the world lol!!! Now dont get me wrong she aint out drinking all night doing drugs ect and is even an a* student at school but the mood swings and behaviour at home is something seen on horror movies!!! Some times i think she is possesed by the devil!! Now my parents are fab they are just the sort of parents u would want and she is spoilt rotten how does she re pay them like talking to them like something she has trodden in.
She has them round her little finger and has started the "i cant live with my lfe crap" thing is this scares the crap out of my parents but ....... its an act and she does it to get her own way!!!!
We used to be really close and when she was little i did everything for her like a 2 nd mum now we dont get on at all as i dont fall for the games she plays and can see right through her, its also really hard to hear the way she talks to my mum and the lack of effort with my liitle boy!!!

I keep hoping she will grow out of it but not sure!!!

Teenagers who would have em lmao
Back to top Go down
Admin sarah
Admin
Admin sarah

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 01:02

ohhh aint this world a scarey place with all those angry hormonal teenagers out there lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
maz
maz

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 12:55

LMAO they are going to take over the world!!! run while you still can
Back to top Go down
Admin sarah
Admin
Admin sarah

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 16:05

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Tracy
Admin
Admin Tracy

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 20:26

I'M HIDING I'M HIDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://bumpstoteens.forumakers.com/index.htm
leighann

leighann

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2008, 00:49

my brother is 17 and he thinks he owns the world he speack to my dad and step mum like sh**
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2008, 00:31

i know i was a mean teenager but no where near as bad as my sister, but from their point of view they have all the responsabilities of an adult gradually being fobbed onto them, cleaning up after themselves, pressure at school, clearing other peoples mess too etc and none of the perks like drinking, smoking, driving, or staying out late! i can see how they'd get drusrated. the only teens i know who are on the strait and narrow with no faulters yet are my cousins, age 15 and 16 and they are perfectly behaved, one boy one girl. and are totally even. however, from the days they could walk they have cleared away their toys, tidyed their rooms and taken their washing to the washing basket etc. they had pampered childhoods but their mum is like a military officer and they dont DARE answer back, have never even tried it. my female cousin stopped doing her chores for a few days so her dad didn't pay her pocket money, did she tantrum? no, she wrote a letter to him and read it out as to whaat chores she would take on and reasonable payment for said chores and negotiation lines! OMG!
Back to top Go down
mum07

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: hate teenagers   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06 2008, 17:24

ooooh i hate teengers had lip off my 14 year old this morning made me soo angry Sad over her tidying up her room took her phone off her then her ipod still had attitude called me a nasty name ooh am so mad!!!1 No any advise? pleeeeese.
Back to top Go down
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 02:33

i would just try and see things from her point of view to be honest. i'm a bit of a hippy parents and i believe in "free parenting" where i allow zach to express himself freely without being told off etc, so if he wants to shout i join in, and if he has a hissy fit and throws a toy then i join in again lol. i dont see the point in getting stressed when all he's really doing is expressing his opinion and i'd hate to supress that or tell him he's wrong in the way he expresses himself because there isn't a wrong way. (unless he really hurts himself).
anyway, i would sit her down and try some "active listening" which means reflecting what she says back to prove your listening and understand and then act on it. so if she says "i dont want to do it as soon as i get in from school because im stressed" say "so you need time to relax and unwind and then you can tidy your room say after half an hour or so?" then it's not starting an arguement and if your not getting it and she's getting frustrated say "i can see that your frustrated im not understanding you but i am trying, so why dont you explain again in different words?" if after half an hour she's still refusing explain that you met her in the middle and treated her like an adult so maybe she could show you the same respect and keep to her side of the agreement?
im not an expert and i've never raised a teenager but im only 21 and so have recently been there myself and i can honestly say that i can see it from both sides (im constantly telling my cousins how they should communicate with their parents to get the best results and then telling their parents what the teens are going to do and the best ways to react to it! lol)
anyway, try the active listening as it allows for free and HEALTHY expression of their feelings. just try and be patient remember everyting their bodies are going through and everything they will have at school, you know teachers put pressure on kids about their gcse's from the age of 12 now?! they're probably more stressed then you after a day at work/ at home with the toddler!
Back to top Go down
lesley

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2008, 09:37

My little boy is not yet a teenager but i do have to say i have been there yeah it was a while a go.....yeah i was a bi**h to my mum my brother and my dad but at the end of the day it's life, we all went through it and all the rest to come will go through it, yeah today there is a lot more pressure on the kids to be adults quicker and i love the way yummy-mummy-lizzy handels things "active free parenting" i'm all for that, as long as there are still boundries then i think kids will grow up happier.....when they know what's what but still have some space it's good...

Here's to life and it's challenges as parents and kids....xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: teenagers/ hormones/ growing up   teenagers/ hormones/ growing up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

teenagers/ hormones/ growing up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2 teens :: teenagers-
Jump to: