More tips from the book RAISING GOOD KIDS.....
as used in many succesful parenting courses......
THINKING AND BEHAVIOUR STAGES OF A TODDLER AGES 2-4 YRS
1. "Fair" means getting their own way.
2. See things only from their point of view
3. Want everything for themselves ( "its mine", " I want it")
4. Manipulate, tell lies and cheat at games, to get their own way, without understanding these behaviours are wrong.
5. Break the rules because they are experimenting with the world( show off, use bad language etc)
6. Show helping behaviour or compassion if there is no conflict with what they want to have or do.
PARENTS APPROACH -
1. Go with the flow - understand the childs one viewpoint - ourself
2. Give the child choices
3. Give positive attention and rewards for following the rules
4. Have FUN with your child...
HOPE THIS MAY EXPLAIN THE WAY YOUR KIDS ARE BEHAVING AT THIS AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!