bumps2 teens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this is a site to chat about anything from pregnancy to living with teenagers

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

head banging

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yummy_mummy_lizzy

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-31

head banging Empty
PostSubject: head banging   head banging Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2008, 02:19

oh for the love of god please help me! my son is 17 months old, can be a little bit stressy at times but im worried as he's been banging his head in these "tantrums" most of the time i join in a tantrum behaviour and he laughs at me and stops but a) i dont fancy bashing my head and b) on this one thing it seems to encourage him if i do! wondering what i can do, if i ignore him he does it harder, if i pay attention im rewarding him if i join in im encouraging him and hurting myself! ahhhh! advise please!
Back to top Go down
maz
maz

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-03-30

head banging Empty
PostSubject: Re: head banging   head banging Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2008, 17:17

hummmm tough one hun they do say to ignor it but if it makes him worse maybe not!!! How about distraction method like ignoring what his doing and in a positive happy voice say hey Zach have you seen this or hey want to play this ect ect.Other than that pad out the walls ect lmao Good luck
Back to top Go down
Admin sarah
Admin
Admin sarah

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-03-21

head banging Empty
PostSubject: Re: head banging   head banging Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2008, 23:43

well i had areal problem with kian and headbanging it got to the point they were gonna give him a special helmet.....he started when he was about 18 mths and he would always look for the hardest surfaces to do it on........even doing it on morrisons concrete floor................i tried all different things like ignoring him ....the naughty step.........it took a lot of hard work but i found in the end the ignoring worked best then praising all the good thing no matter how silly................he is 5 now and still has tantrums but only when he gets really really angry he wont bang his head he will punch it...........but thankfully thats not often and they say he will grow out of it........fingers crossed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
https://bumpstoteens.forumakers.com
lesley

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-04-01

head banging Empty
PostSubject: Re: head banging   head banging Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01 2008, 23:51

Oh this is a hard one, duncan never done anything like this before so i really can't help sorry

hope you find an answer soon hun xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

head banging Empty
PostSubject: Re: head banging   head banging Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

head banging
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
bumps2 teens :: living with your toddler-
Jump to: